cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband Backup won't switch off but need to use Roam from Home

Go to solution

My Halo Broadband Backup unlimited data allowance has been stuck on since my line fault was fixed back in February. After a month or so I phoned up customer services to tell them but they were uninterested, saying just to enjoy the free data and it will eventually turn off at some time in the future when a sweep was done.

Since then I have had a few messages saying it was going to be turned off, but it never actually has been. I haven't actually been making use of any data above my paid for allowance - in fact I have only been using a fraction as I have hardly been out the house due to working from home.

However now I want to go on holiday and use Roam from Home. The wording is confusing but it reads like the Roam like Home allowance won't work due to the Broadband Backup being on and I will be charged for ALL my roaming data usage (when obviously I should be using my paid allowance). If this is so then I urgently need to get this Broadband Backup turned off.

How do I get customer services to take this seriously and put some effort in to unsticking this from my account?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband Backup won't switch off but need to use Roam from Home

Go to solution

Just tried speaking to someone in Mobile rather than Broadband and they were very helpful. Got it switched off immediately. So it’s just down to who you speak to.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband Backup won't switch off but need to use Roam from Home

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted @Colin_London .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings