cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 27

Re: Bt Mobile - poor signal strength

it wont be a better signal as BT have not changed any mast infrastructure that was in place with EE.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Bigapple
Message 12 of 27

Absolutely same here, our estate (200+ houses) best reception we could get was Vodafone
That then went downhill so I moved my broadband and Mbl to BT
I tested a BT sim for a week or so (as they wouldn't let me have a payg one) seemed so so
Bad outside and none st all inside unless u stand on 1 leg and lean out of window
But rank
I'm sick of talking to Indian call centres at BT who are that **bleep** they constantly ask me the same thing over and over, my name, am I on BT mobile, my name again
Dreadful
Why can BT mobile (if they now own EE not offer wifi calling like EE do)
Or even better
Put one of those new discrete Mbl phone booster masts that look like a plain telephone pole
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 27

Interestingly, I have a couple of friends who were previously on EE who have switched to BT Mobile and report a major degredation of their mobile signal at home, which seems unlikely given the same network infrastructure etc? 

0 Ratings
Dellb0y1
Beginner
Message 14 of 27

I agree with you Bigapple, I also am frustrated with the Indian callcentres who are about as much use as a "chocolate Tea Pot", they have no idea about anything you call them about, they do not listen to what you are saying, they then put you on hold so they can confer with the one person who knows what you are talking about.

I was previously with O2, I had very little issue. I checked on line before moving to BT Mobile, the online checker for my postcode stated 4 bars, I am lucky to get 2 bars. the so called help desk are keen to blame my location or device.

0 Ratings
Bigapple
Message 15 of 27

Anyone got any updates at all
Just lost my rag again with call centre
I appreciate it's not their fault, but they really do not seem to understand
It's awful
They're just awful..
I can't believe that a couple of weeks ago I got a voicemail (surprise surprise they didn't get me on the Mbl) that they are aware of a "problem" in our area and will address the issue
I'm so angry as this is EXACTLY what Vodafone d used to fowhen anyone on our estate complained
It was like an automated email
"Oh no.. customer complaining, lets send out a bull***t message to say we're looking into it and fob them off"
I've asked how much to buy myself out of the contract as I just cannot continue with 2,3 or 4 text messages to indicate missed calls
0 Ratings
nijmc07
Beginner
Message 16 of 27

I agree with all previous posts and wish I had read them before being mislead by BT mobile. I can't get signal inside my house which is a modern bungalow at all. Sometimes I get signal in the garden sometimes not. Friends 02 and Vodafone work perfectly. With BT a month now and have wasted hours on calls and online chats. This whole experience is tempting me to leave BT for everything. Currently I have line BB and TV. Why does someone from BT mobile join here and tell us what we can do and more importantly what they are going to do!!

0 Ratings
jdocherty01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 27

Well I am in a new property. Not 2 mile from city centre and the signal is absolutely rediculous I'm having to sit at a window to make and also receive calls. BT now own EE so why no internet calling ie wifi calling. Surely BT can boost the signal for areas that's in difficulty with radio signal.ive got a brand new handset and it didn't do anything for the signal. Please please help BT???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 27

I was with BT Mobile rubbish signal. So decided to go to EE to get WiFi calling. Perverse I know as BT own EE. I suppose they don't care as BT Group are still getting my money but strange decision making on services available via BT Mobile. Can't understand their logic.
0 Ratings
JohnM52_06
Beginner
Message 19 of 27

I have found this item from the press in October 2014 before BT Mobile was launched in its present form:

October 2014 article

It is understood that BT has hit trouble with the 'handover’ between Wi-Fi and the mobile network. It is meant to be seamless so that calls are not interrupted, but mobile operators have been grappling with technical challenges for years.

A source said: “The handover is absolutely essential for BT to do what it wants to do with mobile. It’s possible the launch will slip into the second quarter of next year now.”

Seems that the the essential handover has been relegated to 'not happening'.

JohnM

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 27

Is this other thread any use to those who've posted here?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings