cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyBrindle
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt Mobile working fine, then nothing

Mobile was working fine last week (wednesday). I can still use internet via wifi at home through BT router. However I cannot make or receive calls whilst at home. I get no signal . Message on the phone reads ''Selected Network BT not available. If I go out into two of the local towns I get a weaker signal  one or two bars on 3g possibly 4g and not the standard 5 bar signal that I have had the last 4 years. BT have said they have fixed a issue on the local mobile masts where there was a problem. The kicker is I have a second mobile on EE for walking and tracking by gps when out in the wilds. That phone is also linked to the same mobile mast and I have full signal. BT says there is no faults on the system but my app Network Cell Info Lite is showing there is an issue .

This is an issue for us as a family we have BT Mobiles and 2 of us have this issue

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt Mobile working fine, then nothing

Hi @GuyBrindle  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you are having trouble with one of your BT Mobiles. Is the fault still happening and if so have you been in touch with the BT Mobile Faults team and did they have any update?

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
GuyBrindle
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Well I am now I to my 9th day with no Bt mobile coverage in my village. It's been reported and moved up the complaint ladder. That was some 4 days ago. Still no update on progress. Using an app checking the mobile towers, it says my sim card is ready but servers are not responding. Cannot register my sim card on the network. This has only happened since the local towers had a fault and was fixed. I've gone from 4g+ signal to nothing or if I am lucky 4g if I am in a local town but signal strength is very low
0 Ratings
GuyBrindle
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Also they were suppose to contact me by email for updates. No they are trying my mobile number instead again and phone will revert to answer phone immediately
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @GuyBrindle  thanks for posting back and sorry you are not been kept informed on the progress of the fault. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will chase this for you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings