Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattbwt
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Bt mobile sure roaming

Hi

Arrived in France for a motorbike tour, data doesn’t work, texts and voice does. Visited France last year without data roaming issues, no change in contract since then.

My mate with me is also bt, his phone is the same and works fine. We’ve copied settings phone to phone, no luck. Tried 4g enable, roaming enable, manual network selection etc etc.

Nothing works.

Tried bt support 3 times, every time they say enable 4g, which I clearly have if they’ve listened, which bt support never does.

So in France, need data to navigate, doesn’t work. Bt have hung up on me twice.

Had very similar issues with bt when I had broadband and tv with them, in the end I had to raise a complaint about that and had contract cancelled and refunded, all because bt support is utterly terrible.

I’ll be switching from bt mobile as well. Switched my tv and interent from them because as soon as you have an issue, you have to deal with the support staff who don’t know what day of the week it is.

Good job bt, you’ve now made me switch my mobile away from you to! By far, the worst company I’ve ever death with for support, across all their product ranges.
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bt mobile sure roaming

Hi @mattbwt

Although you have spoken to BT I would still check the settings in your account. 

Log into my BT and select the mobile number and ensure that roaming is on. Then ensure you have a roaming cap set above £0 

0 Ratings