cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Call dropping

We are on Fibre with Halo 1, two mobiles and Free weekend landline calls.

The mobile constantly drops calls. Very frustrating if in a queue to renew BT contract etc.

How do we get BT to sort it out? The problem could be signal or digital.

We rely on landline for people to call us back when the call dropping happens several times in 10 mins. 

Could BT give us free landline calls to make up for this fault? At least until they have sorted it?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Renew Contract problems

On live chat found out my Fibre with Halo 1 contract end in a month. How to renew?

Not clear about online options, need to discuss.

The info on phone calls says there may be long wait plus priority to vulnerable.

I am on free weekend of up to an hour. My mobile (also with BT) constantly drops calls. I could be in a queue, mobile drops call and have to start again. I could phone on Saturday morn on Landline but if wait longer than an hour, have to start again.

I don't think the call dropping is due to signal but digital issues. How can we get BT to improve it?

I asked Live Chat what happens if I cannot get through to renew? Live Chat say I will be put on monthly rolling contract.

I asked if that will be at same rate as current contract? Live Chat say rolling monthly will cost me more.

What is the solution to this?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Renew Contract problems

@cgw2020 

You can call this number  0800 800 030, that number is for contract renewals only. They usually answer very quickly, and you can discuss the renewal of your discounts.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Re: Call dropping

if it was a problem with the BT mobile network then there would be numerous posts/press but there is none suggesting the problem with with your device or poor coverage in your area   have you checked the EE coverage map?

if you want to renew then phone options team who are dealing with renewals  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Does anyone know how one contacts BT, by email etc to sort this without having to go through the queuing, when they are prioritising the vulnerable?

We could just jot down the area, the problem (which we have had for years but has recently got worse) our account number, etc and they could let us know when they manage to get to it?

In the meantime, they could help us by supplementing with free landline? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

there is no email contact currently  you need to phone but there is nothing BT can do to improve your mobile coverage.  you can always increase your landline phone package to anytime but you won't get that free

only contact unless renewal is 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

We have both our mobiles with BT. Are you suggesting EE instead of BT/ I thought they used the same masts etc?

0 Ratings
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 14

OK so they can do nothing to prevent continual call dropping?

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

Apologies if this suggestion is incorrect, but in such cases, shouldn't you make use of BT's wifi calling?

"With Wi-Fi Calling from BT Mobile you can now call and text over wi-fi in the UK. This is great news if you live in an area with poor coverage and can't use your mobile at home; just connect via wi-fi instead."

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/learn-about-wi-fi-calling-and-how-to-set-it-up 

0 Ratings
cgw2020
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Thanks I have BT WIFI Call set up - still call dropping issues. Guess one just has to live with it. 

0 Ratings