cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Can't get 4G network on my Qubot Quest mobile

Hi everyone. I just can't get my Qubot Quest phone getting any 4G signal using BT mobile. I've done some research and the phone seems to be 4G compatible on UK networks. Maybe I have problem in the settings? When I try to select networks, there is no option for 4G only 3G. Can anyone please help me with this because I'm kind of lost here.

This is the info I found about the phone being compatible with 4G UK networks: https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/GB/cubot-quest

Many thanks, Tom

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Can't get 4G network on my Qubot Quest mobile

Hi tompa22, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, some phones list 4g as LTE does your mobile offer you this option when you check the network settings?

I'd also recommend you make sure the APN data settings are correct, here's a general guide on what to do as we don't have a specific guide for your mobile:

To set up your phone for data:

1. From the home screen, tap the Menu button.
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Tap Mobile networks
  4. Tap Access Point Names
  5. Tap the Menu button
  6. Tap New APN
  7. Tap the Name field
  8. Enter Internet, then tap OK
  9. Tap the APN field
  10. Enter everywhere, then tap OK
  11. Tap the Username field
  12. Enter eesecure, then tap OK
  13. Tap the Password field
  14. Enter secure, then tap OK
  15. Tap Save
  16. Tap the Menu button
  17. Tap the button next to the new APN to set it as the active connection
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

@tompa22 

Cubot Quest supports the following 4G bands: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 17 / 20

Assuming BT Mobile uses the details as EE you would use: Band 20 (4G), Band 1/3 (3G/4G), Band 7 (4G)

It would therefore appear the Handset can support the required Band's for BT Mobile.  Have you followed the steps @NeilO  suggested?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Screenshot_20200209-144235.png

 Thank you for all your answers. I only use one sim card so the second sim card option is not relevant here.

I've also created the new APN as suggested and made it active. Also selected in setting that I prefer 4G/LTE for calls. I should have a great coverage in London SE8 according to the 4G map of EE. Still no 4G network available on my mobile unfortunately. 

My sim card is from the earliest days of BT mobile, I was among one of the first customers soon after the lunch. Could this be the problem?

Many thanks for trying to help. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

@tompa22, I'm sorry that didn't work, did you get 4G coverage on your previous mobile? If you did I don't think replacing the sim would make any difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I can't recall it tbh. I think my previous mobile was also a rugged phone but not 4G compatible.

Do I remember right that BT mobile didn't offer 4G when launched? 

0 Ratings