cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Can't give BT PAC Code

Brand new to this, so sent this to another board in error.  

I've followed the video and tried to access the keepyournumber webpage.  The form returned was not the one on the video, but a note to tick a box to show the account was mine, and an undertaking to send a PIN within a week.  

I thought transferring my mobile number two BT was going to be easy - like the video said it would be.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

I want to give BT a PAC Code.

Video says to click on to bt.com.keepyournumber and shows a form to complete.  The form they send is not the one on the video but asks me to prove I am the account holder and to await a letter and PIN in a week.

Does it take that much work to get a mobile number transferred?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: I want to give BT a PAC Code.

@lockedin 

Check out this link can I keep my number it explains the process you need to follow to transfer your mobile numbers over to your new BT sim.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Re: I want to give BT a PAC Code.

Thanks for getting back so quickly. The link you sent was the one I tried several times yesterday, and I still got the odd message about checking my ownership of the account.

Now the good news. Very late last night I stumbled across a page which had a yellow strip on it which contained a box which allowed me to change the mobile number by going to my mobile . It was late, I was tired, so I left it until now. To help anyone else with the issue, I reopened it (via the browser history) and was able to get the "switch to BT page" and, apart from a slight hesitation about the number being transferred (it didn't initially like the digits), everything is tickety-boo and the number transfers on Monday. BT just sent a text message to let me know that things are progressing. Pity about the link promulgated on the video not working for me in the first place.

Anyway, thanks for getting back. Good to be part of the community.

0 Ratings