Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RupeWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can't send SMS (roaming)

I can't send SMS from my Google pixel.

Arrived in czechia yesterday, connected automatically to T-Mobile here. Data is fine, I can make and receive calls and can receive SMS.

But when I try to send an SMS it fails saying that the number is formatted incorrectly. But the number is fine (I can make a call to the exact same number).

I'm here to help with the logistics at a friend's wedding and this is going to make things really difficult. Any ideas?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't send SMS (roaming)

Hi @RupeWard

is the number format +44 then the number missing the zero and no spaces?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Just to add to Dean's reply , sometimes when you call a number with a UK format eg 07123 456789 I think the phone will reformat that to +44 7123 456789 automatically, whereas the message app won't.

0 Ratings
RupeWard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the replies.

I've made sure the number is formatted correctly in contacts, and it looks ok in message details in the messages app. But it is still showing in non-international format at the top of the conversation in the messages app.

The fact that phone might reformat does sound like it may be a pointer to the issue.

But I've tried entering a number that's new to me, in international format from the outset, and that still doesn't work.
0 Ratings