Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution
This is not fair that bt have not told us about this and still haven't fixed it mine has been not working since about 1pm
Is not providing the sms service a get out of contract as I was more than happy with the service but find the way this is being dealt with unacceptable
0 Ratings
MichaelP1
Beginner
Message 32 of 128

Go to solution

How can this Telecom giant not have fixed this issue by now?? Before I realised it was a network problem I was trying to fix the problem on my Blackberry and whilst fiddling, managed to delete the SMSC address numbers in the Text Advanced settings. Does anyone know the correct number so that I can be prepared for if they ever fix this.  Many thanks if you do.

0 Ratings
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 128

Go to solution
This is getting ridiculous! It's been over 12 hours now! Surely there should be compensation for having such a basic service down this long?
0 Ratings
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 128

Wakey Wakey customer services????

Go to solution
So I (or should I say we!) haven't been able to text for 12 hours now. We've generated 4 pages of complaints on this forum without reply from any moderator?
Surely we deserve an explanation of what's going on, when a fix is going to happen, and what compensation we're going to get off being deprived of such a basic service.
Highlighted
sahmraw
Beginner
Message 35 of 128

Go to solution
OK also having the same problem and it is still ongoing. Can receive texts and calls and make them and use 4G. But online it says my sim is blocked and I need to call customer service at 7am. So that is a bit worrying because can still make and receive calls so can't be blocked. I have a dual sim Lumia 640XL so I have avoda payg in sim slot 2 and am able to send texts through that sim card cos was worried it was my phone at first. I hope they get this fixed soon
0 Ratings
sahmraw
Beginner
Message 36 of 128

Re: Wakey Wakey customer services????

Go to solution
Yep. Agreed
0 Ratings
andy_247
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 128

Go to solution
Things go wrong and we all accept that they'll be issues but the lack of communication from BT is unacceptable - my poor 70 yr old mum thought her phone had broken until I explained to her situation (but only because I searched the web to find out what was going on).

This is off the Ombudsmen website - Regardless of your location... If the loss of signal is of
no direct result of your actions, and it was never explained to you before agreeing to your mobile contract that the signal may be weak, poor or sporadic in your area, then you have rights to cancel under the supply of goods and services act 1982.
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 128

Go to solution

This is very poor.

The status page says

Sun 09/08/2015 at 17:23Ongoing Issues affecting customers ability in sending SMS's

SMS failures

Estimated time to resolve: 10:00

We're sorry, but a fault has caused the temporary loss of the SMS facility for some BT customers. We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Please revisit this page for further updates.

What on earth does that mean? Yesterday it said it would be fixed at 21:00 so they're just changing the fix time when they get past it. Also the time and date of the update are obviously at some other timezone.

Must be some serious problem if it's not been fixed by now.

cadders62
Message 39 of 128

Go to solution
It is an absolute joke ..I had full sms service until 1300 hrs yesterday then it just collapsed ..I can still receive texts , call and data service ok so why is it taking so long to rectify? 19 hours and counting! !!
As for compensation for loss of service? We have no chance it's BT after all!
0 Ratings
0tracy0
Beginner
Message 40 of 128

Go to solution
So i finally come to find I am certainly not alone with this major inconvenience. The outgoing text messages stopped working for me at around 1pm on Saturday and my location is West Devon district. I would like to have been informed. BT are capable of sending us questionnaires regarding other minor issues and this is pretty major in my opinion. Pleased to have found this forum though, all the contributors here have been most helpful.i wonder just how large the scale is?