Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-ave
Expert
Message 121 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution

@Seamaster wrote:
To be fair, this outage has been of limited impact when all the cool people are on iMessage.

Many even cooler people wouldn't be seen within a mile of anything beginning with "i". Or an apple.

0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 122 of 128

Go to solution

None of the UK networks offer a personalised email when things go wrong, and some of them don't even offer a service status page. 

At these prices we are not paying for such a level of service either. 

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 123 of 128

Go to solution
O2 do when they had an outage about a year ago they emailed and text people and they offered a blanket compensation afterwards which I can't see bt doing.

So just because we get a good deal we are supposed to accept shoddy service and no communication I don't think so
0 Ratings
ihewer
Message 124 of 128

Go to solution
I want to add a note of complaint to all the others here:

I was without texts from late Friday until Sunday. The first time I could text was monday morning. Throughout that period I could also only make calls of 2 minutes. At about 1m45s I would hear 5 beeps and the call would drop at 2 minutes whatever number I called. It was a very frustrating weekend as my wife was hospitalised on Friday night for the whole weekend and I needed my mobile more than any other time. I couldn't find any information on the BT website, I had to call overseas support who clearly have no notion of what it is to be a BT customer and were largely unsympathetic. So far I am not impressed.
0 Ratings
BrianA
Beginner
Message 125 of 128

Go to solution

Text gone here as well.

I have logged a fault with BT sometime ago but it's still not showing up on the service status page

0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 126 of 128

Go to solution

@Damien1 wrote:
O2 do when they had an outage about a year ago they emailed and text people and they offered a blanket compensation afterwards which I can't see bt doing.

So just because we get a good deal we are supposed to accept shoddy service and no communication I don't think so

I was checking out my previous PAYG O2 phone because I needed it a few days whilst the car was in the garage.  Could not get to log onto the network and their customer service did not help so I called in a small local shop and tried with his SIM.  Then he realised that it was O2 I was having problems with and said lots of customers had had the same for a couple of weeks!  I bought a very cheap PAYG to test the SIM and also bought a PAYG SIM on another network to ensure I had something working.

When I went up to the garage a days later (60 miles away), O2 was working.

I called in the O2 shop there and they mentioned there had been a fault for some time on a site midway between there and my home but no faults showing for my home area.

When I got home the phone worked. I reckon O2 had a fault on a link through that site but their network reporting software was to dumb to recognise it would affect other areas!

I think this is typical of the poor information passed on to customers by all networks.

I realise our contracts are with BT rather than EE but does EE have anywhere showing network status on their website.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 127 of 128

Go to solution

@teakbank12 wrote:

Who the hell wants to use Twatter!!

imessage....don't have a clue what that is but i suspect something to do with Apple ??

SMS is still what a lot of us use to converse with people 🙂 

It is often a very effective way of reaching companies.  They all seem to monitor Twitter and do respond.

I saw a funny one last week.  Someone was complaining about slow broadband in a rural area and someone else had moan about useless Vodafone was in their area.  There was a reply from Vodafone because their (probably automated system) though someone was trying to report a fault.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 128

Go to solution

NOW WORKING AGAIN

First attempt to my BT landline phone failed so tried to itself and Vodafone - both OK.

I re-registered my BT landline and then worked to that. Not sure if I was lucky and the fault just fixed or it needed re-registration as the BT TEXT system is very poor and requires very frequent re-registration.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings