Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hg144
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution
Sat 08/08/2015 at 17:23Ongoing Issues affecting customers ability in sending SMS's

SMS failures

Estimated time to resolve: 21:00

We're sorry, but a fault has caused the temporary loss of the SMS facility for some BT customers. We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Please revisit this page for further updates.

Just tested, and the problem has not been resolved. The Service status page shows this problem - timed at 17.23, with an expected time to resolve of 21.00. Think this needs updating.

In answer to an another post, BT choose not to communicate directly with the BT Care Community Forums. Remember this is a closed membership only forum - from previous outages it seems BT communicate more via Twitter, where problems can be reported by anybody.

0 Ratings
raf_shc
Beginner
Message 22 of 128

Go to solution

Spoke to BT earlier this evening as I wasn't aware of this thread\forum. They advised it was a national fault and gave me a number 08001690100 for automated status updates. However, that number doesn't work for me so I may have wrote it down wrong or the CS rep might have misread.

But I can confirm it is NOT working as of yet.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 128

Go to solution
There is a fault on the network very annoying!
0 Ratings
68shaz
Beginner
Message 24 of 128

Go to solution
Thank goodness that others are having this problem. After clearing caches and uninstalling apps on my phone earlier I was wondering if I had deleted something important. I even checked and rechecked my APN settings. Frustrating!
tweetyuk1
Beginner
Message 25 of 128

Go to solution

Dose anyone know when this fix issues is done ? Getting very annoying when you can't sent tex or received them 😬😱

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 128

Go to solution
If not fixed very soon I'm asking for compensation I have a sick mother in hospital and can't text her what a joke this is ridiculous for what is supposed to be a telecoms giant
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 128

Go to solution
Thanks Johniec for that update been tryng all day to get to the bottom of this problem. BT phone line did not answer and why didn't they put a notice on there operations web page. It would have saved me a lot of time.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 128

Text messaging out of use in the Southampton area

Go to solution

Text messaging out of use in the Southampton area

Thanks Johniec for that update been tryng all day to get to the bottom of this problem. BT phone line did not answer and why didn't they put a notice on there operations web page. It would have saved me a lot of time.

0 Ratings
chrisb1
Message 29 of 128

Go to solution
I have had this issue since midday. The anticipated fix time posted was almost three hours ago! Surely this is an essential part of providing the service! I have had other problems with Bt and now regret switching.
0 Ratings
LisaScotland
Beginner
Message 30 of 128

Go to solution
I live just outside Edinburgh ... also unable to send SMS since about 6pm . Spent over an hour fiddling with my settings before realizing it was a network issue !!!
Able to receive texts, email and landline working. So, you'd think that BT would find a way to notify with all the avenues of communication available to them.
0 Ratings