cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution

I thought that I was the only one on this boat before I came to here and see quite a few others are experiencing this same problem. I thought I was going mad, MAD I tell you. My friend message me yesterday wondering if I was at work and I replied yeah I am. Then to find like an hour later to see that the message failed to send. I don't normally look to see if it sent, I just type, push send and goes in my pocket. It's automatic. But this time I watched as I resent it and again it said fail to send.

Now I'm thinking is it my phone, is it missing some kind of important information that makes it normally send messages?

It couldn't be? I sent a message like two days prior and the phone has been resetted before then so what gives?

If BT had notified me via SMS or email then my stressing all yesterday wouldn't come to be. They need to fix up. I'm relatively a new customer in my second month now but this has me woundering... Have I made a right decision to use their network if their customer service is like this?

gordon60
Message 42 of 128

Can't send text messages

Go to solution

I have had this problem all weekend,BT this is not good enough. I have family away who rely on the text service you supply. Would be a good idea to post an update.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 128

Re: Can't send text messages

Go to solution

@gordon60 wrote:

I have had this problem all weekend,BT this is not good enough. I have family away who rely on the text service you supply. Would be a good idea to post an update.

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

All I can suggest is you look at the service status page, where BT post the latest updates.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status_consumer/a_id/38499

0 Ratings
gordon60
Message 44 of 128

Cant send sms

Go to solution

Are there other people out there that has the same problem, I cant send sms messages I have had the problem all weekend does anyone know if there are outstanding faults.

Message 45 of 128

Re: Can't send text messages

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. Sorry you're still having problems with the texting service. We are aware of the issue and will be updating the service status page as soon as we have any information.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MattandLottie
Beginner
Message 46 of 128

Go to solution
Think it is pretty shoddy that BT has not posted the service status in the last 24 hours, is it because it's the weekend. Plenty of people have to work at the weekend, in fact the government appears to want weekends scrapped and for Britain to be open for business 24/7. Just a notice on the main webpage to the effect that there is a problem, you apologise and you are working on it. Not everyone is, or wants to be, on the forum. No obvious information is not acceptable.

Might I suggest a subscription free month by way of compensation for having a weekend with no unlimited text messaging?

Thanks
0 Ratings
hg144
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 128

Go to solution

I see the latest service status message appears to be from the future -

Sun 09/08/2015 at 17:23Ongoing Issue affecting customers ability to send text messages

SMS failures

Estimated time to resolve: 10:00

We're sorry, but a fault has caused the temporary loss of text messaging for some BT Mobile customers. We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.

Please revisit this page for further updates.

MattandLottie
Beginner
Message 48 of 128

Go to solution
SMS failures Estimated time to resolve: 10:00
unquote

Is that 10 am today? Tomorrow? 10 hours from now? 10 hours from 17:23 today? UK time?

Clear as mud.
0 Ratings
Kathyr
Beginner
Message 49 of 128

Go to solution
What kind of 'technical' problem allows you to receive text messages, make phone calls etc but NOT send texts? So glad that I checked this site but not until I had taken my phone apart trying to figure out why I couldn't send any texts.
piperdog123
Message 50 of 128

Go to solution
@DavidM

This is certainly not good enough. Like many others my sms outbound service stopped yesterday lunchtime. Several calls to BT but all you get told is that BT are aware of the fault and are working on it but no time resolution.

Then I was told fix due by 9pm last night. This morning still nothing.

Status line 0800 169 0199 option 4 is 24 hours of of date.

Given that your signal in my local area has dropped significantly and now this it might be time to leave. I appreciate BT mobile is a fledgling company but BT has been around a long time and should do better.

And yes I will be demanding compensation. The only way to get BT to take notice is by hitting them in the pocket.