cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can't switch mobile plan

I am trying to upgrade the mobile plans I currently have (4), but when I use the online system it fails and I get following message:

As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey as the landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number. To update it, please take the following steps:

Log in to My BT (https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appspackages/?siteArea=con.mya&s_cid=con_FURL_updateyourprofile)
Click 'Edit' next to your account number or name at the top of the 'My Profile' page
Enter your new phone number in the last field, tick the box to remove the old number and click 'Save'
Once you've done that you should be able to re-start and complete your order

When I follow the link it does not allow the change suggested.

Been at the same address for over 20 years so can't be to do with that. Maybe because we have two landline numbers at the same address?

Has anyone found a solution to this?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't switch mobile plan

have you tried phoning CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and see if they can help you switch mobile plans

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings