cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 1

Can this be worded better?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 03.04.13.jpeg

My son got these texts recently. He turned off his mobile data and forgot about it until he was woken this morning by this

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-14 at 03.04.19.jpeg

Now at that time in the morning and to someone with bad eyesight it was easy to read the GBP as GB and think "Oh ****, I've used 2.5GB at a cost of 10p per MB so I've used £250 of data and my dad's going to kill me". I was also half asleep when I read it and it took me a while to put 2 and 2 together

Why can't BT mobile use the £ sign? Is it beyond the capability of the system to cope with? That would have removed the half hour phone call at stupid o clock this morning and we could all have got some sleep. It's almost like being in the early days when mobiles were incapable of anything other than txt speak and phone calls. We've moved on since then. Please use some different characters.

He knows I've put limits in place but at that time in the morning reason flies out the window. We also have elderly relatives in hospital so a call at that time in the morning sets everyone into panic mode.

0 Ratings