cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cancel Mobile Contract that's not yet started

Hi guys, 

So I've been with BT forever and love you guys. 

I've just this week pakked 3 X mobile SIM only deals to BT Mobile but they don't fully activate until 6 June. All tickety-boo. Great, no problems. 24 month contract.

I spoke with a very helpful lady at BT who told me that there is such a thing called "Roam Further / Abroad" which is a £10 a month upgrade and allows my data to be used in a future holiday to USA - bargain! The only reason why I have moved three contracts to BT Mobile from Three.

However..... (have you spotted my mistake yet?)

"Roam Further / Abroad" is for EE and not BT Mobile. I checked my notes following my conversation with the helpful BT lady and it appears that I have made the mistake and not the BT lady. Arrrgggghh!!

I need to cancel my BT and join EE. 

What to do please guys?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancel Mobile Contract that's not yet started

Just request new PAC codes & transfer to EE should do it. You should have 14 days cooling off period to cancel penalty free. Not sure if BT can handle this for you as unsure exactly how the move towards EE is being handled, so worth a call first.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quicky reply.
I don't fancy waiting on the phone so will request the PACs now and see what happens 😄
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Yes, you need to move back to EE for cheaper non-EU roaming rates as BT doesn't do any equivalent to EE's Roam Further Pass. All its non-EU roaming charges are standard highish per-unit rates.

0 Ratings