cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Cancelling my husbands mobile phone as he died but account in my name

My husband died 3 weeks ago and he still has 12 months left on  his contract. I have spoken to customer services and they have said as its not in his name we can't cancel unless I pay £330. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about this. This happened with my friend on EE and she had no problem with them cancelling it. I have broadband, 2 x mobile contracts and tv with BT and to be honest I'm tempted to move it all as this has really upset me as I can't afford to keep paying for his mobile. Is there anything I can do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancelling my husbands mobile phone as he died but account in my name

@JanP1 

Please could you visit this page for help.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9845/~/bereavement---bt-account-holder

There is a special number dedicated number to ring, and they will sort it all out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, that is who I rang but as account is in my name not his they can't help 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@JanP1 wrote:
Thanks, that is who I rang but as account is in my name not his they can't help 😞

In that case, I am not sure what you can do, however I will ask a moderator for advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JanP1 welcome to the forum and sorry that you have lost your Husband recently and are faced with this. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to help you through this distressing situation.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings