cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Cannot add a sim to a family pack

When I try adding a sim to the two sims I already have with BT mobile family pack I get the message No plans available. Has this option ended. I have tried ringing BT but cannot get through.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot add a sim to a family pack

Presumably you ordered that third SIM via your MyBT so that it would be added to your existing Family Plan? 

Family SIM: How to invite BT Mobile users to join 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Yes, but when I try to add a sim it says -Sorry but there arn't any plans you can move to at this time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

After waiting over an hour on the phone a very nice lady tried to help me then said there seemed a problem and told me she would transfer me to a departmeny who could fix it for me. Hower after about 10 minutes the line went dead! Back to square one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Hi @new sorry that you were cut off after having waited so long to get through. Would you check your online account and see if you have any open orders as that is one thing I know can cause an issue. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Had exactly the same problem last week. I got cut off in the transfer to the second department. A very helpful lady rang me back about 20 minutes later and sorted it out in about 10 minutes 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 10

I have tried a few times online over the last couple of days to order a new SIM card and got the same message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Also getting the 'no plans available' message when I look to alter my family SIM package. There must be an ongoing issue with this..I'd just keep trying online. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Finally I got through to customer service, but they had the same fault that I had. However the operator said he would contact another department who could fix the problem, and that he would call me back. Sure enough about an hour later he rang me to say a new sim had been added to my family pack successfully. 

Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

I did manage to order a new sim online this morning  by going via the main BT Mobile page rather than trying through My BT, which blocked me again with the same message when I tried it first thing this morning.

0 Ratings