cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cannot get BT to provide me with a SIM Network unlock code

I'm resorting to the experts after having failed twice with BT support.

I purchased a Sony Experia L3 mobile as part of a mobile phone contract with BT, paid for using my existing account for broadband, landline and BT Vision. Twice recently I have called BT support to get a SIM Network unlock code. The first time I never received any update, and the second time I had an email discussion with a support agent. It appeared promising but then I haven't received any further updates, or any response from her when I've asked for further help.

Has anyone been successful in getting BT/EE to respond on unlock codes?  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot get BT to provide me with a SIM Network unlock code

Not entirely sure what you're asking for, to unlock your phone for use on another network? If so I've no idea if this online EE process will work but given it's actually the EE network, no harm in trying.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

this is the BT page about getting phone unlocked.  are you still in mobile contract with BT or has it ended?

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/manage-service/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone-or-tablet-#:~:text=To%...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I am now out of contract with BT Mobile, but still pay a monthly SIM only charge. I have the SIM in a different (unlocked) phone.

Thanks for the link - but that's what I've now done twice, and the last communication from BT was on Feb 6th.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I'm trying to get a BT Mobile locked phone unlocked to use on another network. Thanks for the EE link, but the response when I enter the IMEI is "Sorry there's a problem at our end - please try again or try later"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@Sparks2024wrote:

Thanks for the EE link, but the response when I enter the IMEI is "Sorry there's a problem at our end - please try again or try later"

Double check that you are entering 15 digits as required. I just tried it with my Samsung S23+ that's never been on BT/EE & it correctly reported that it's unlocked.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Interesting! I've now tried actually on the phone (it has an O2 SIM in it) and I get the same (failed) result. I've also tried my latest Pixel that has never been on BT/EE and that also gives a failed result. I am copying and pasting the IMEI (15 digits) correctly. Do you have special powers? Should I send you the IMEI?
0 Ratings