Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chopper075
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Cant make calls or send texts

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. This this morning I can't make calls or send texts. When I phone a number it says 'Sorry the system is busy, please try again later' . Texts just fail to send. Funny thing is I can receive calls ok.

I did call up BT and everything from a phone reset, system reset etc did nothing. I have also put the sim in another phone and the same result.

I did change my mobile number with BT yesterday because of loads of SPAM calls. The number change went through ok yesterday and I was able to make calls and texts last night without issues. This has only started today.

Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
johniow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cant make calls or send texts

Me neither. Receive yes, send no. Strangely enough I’ve just (Wednesday) got a BT sim. Phoned yesterday and support told me they had systems problems and there was a general sms outage. For s short while today I could make calls but that stopped after s couple of hours. Perhaps BT systems keep forgetting about recently activated sims?
0 Ratings
chopper075
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Same issues as me. Receive ok but can't call or text. I have been with BT for a while so only did a number change because of spam calls with my last BT number. So I haven't even changed providers. 

I have had short intervals when calls would go out but short lived!

0 Ratings
Jim44
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Me too New SIM activated yesterday So far have wasted 30 mins on online chat to BT then a call First told to remove replace SIM etc then activation not complete perhaps In later call told system problem My other mobile on BT works fine so surely a faulty SIM Tried to register fault online but BT system does not show the new SIM/phone although activated and can receive calls What use is a phone which is a receiver only? I need a working SIM
0 Ratings
Jim44
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Update
Just read an email from BT saying "We've closed your complaint" (made yesterday) but the phone still can't make calls or send texts!
0 Ratings
chopper075
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Day 2 for me now unable to make calls and send texts.

0 Ratings
johniow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

SNAFU as at 8/2245. Went online and used BT chat. Seemed quite helpful even though I had to turn off, take out sim and put it back, turn back on, and BT have now escalated my call up a tier and have registered it as a complaint since it's been going on for a couple of days now. The problem seemed to start before I started the move of my old number. I don't know enough about these things to know if a damaged sim can only work in one direction, ie incoming ... I still tend towards a BT system integration/network issue, but if things have got stuck somewhere I wouldn't be surprised if I'm sent a new sim.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
johniow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

As of yesterday I can now make outgoing calls and texts. My iPhone now knows I have a new provided, But voicemail not accessible - "We're sorry. Due to a technical fault we cannot connect you to the voicemail service". BT say their network problem is now solved; my issue apparently is an incomplete port from Vodafone, and they're working with the Vodafone team. My "order" to port my number is still open, and I have daily emails and text messages since Frtiday 7 December telling me  my port is ongoing. Well done though to BT for being as helpful and informative as they can be given the complexity of their systems (of which there are many!).

0 Ratings