cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Carrier Settings (vBT-C 28.3)BT Mobile SIMin iPhone but in my iPad reports EE 28.0?

Does anyone know why the BT Mobile SIM in my iPhone reports this as BT-C 28.3, but the BT Mobile SIM in my iPad reports EE 28.0?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Carrier Settings (vBT-C 28.3)BT Mobile SIMin iPhone but in my iPad reports EE 28.0?

Just to clarify this, as the new title as edited by mod is confusing.

2 BT Mobile SIMs on the same family account.

One in my iPhone has carrier settings reported in iOS as the latest version: BT-C 28.3.

One in my iPad has carrier settings reported in iOS as "EE 28.0".

I have tried putting the iPad one in the iPhone to force the update, but it reverts to EE settings as soon as it's back in the iPad (proving the device has an implication here).

This is interesting, as it explains why the iPad could always still be used as a personal hotspot even when BT blocked tethering on iPhones. I assume it also explains why I have a bit of a carry on using data roaming on the iPad when abroad, prompting all sorts of EE pop-ups.

Worth investigating as BT is actively encouraging the use of family SIMs in tablets, so likely that others seeing the same thing.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Carrier Settings (vBT-C 28.3)BT Mobile SIMin iPhone but in my iPad reports EE 28.0?

I have three separate BT Sims (not Family Sims) and they show the same too. Two sims in iPhones are on BT  28.3 and the iPad one is on EE 28. The latest iOS, 10.3.1, is running on iPad too.

0 Ratings