Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purple_kathryn
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Changing sim size upwards question

Go to solution

Hello

I am going to have to send my mobile off to be repaired.  I don't have any spare phones so I was going to get a cheapie one to use in the meantime.  The one I plan to get seems to use a standard sim whereas mine has a nano

Now, when my mum got her new sim card we didnt know what size we needed so it was sent out in one those that you can punch out which one you need & as it turned out she needed the nano size.  

Would it be ok to use that with my nano sim?  (Obviously all the info bits are on the nano part of it, the rest is just plastic)

thank you for any advice 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing sim size upwards question

Go to solution

@purple_kathryn

You can use the sim in any handset, if you use the old push out's ensure it doesnt get stuck in the sim holder.  Or you can log into your mobile account via BT.Com and order a replacement sim (its a universal push out like your mothers). Replacements are normally sent same day if ordered in time..

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Dean007wrote:

@purple_kathryn

You can use the sim in any handset, if you use the old push out's ensure it doesnt get stuck in the sim holder.  Or you can log into your mobile account via BT.Com and order a replacement sim (its a universal push out like your mothers). Replacements are normally sent same day if ordered in time..

Hi @purple_kathryn

If that fails to work you can buy nano to standard holders for 99p from virtually anywhere. 

0 Ratings
purple_kathryn
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

will my current sim be deactivated if i order a new one?  

0 Ratings
purple_kathryn
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I didn't know this, so thank you for letting me know, i work in a town centre so it should be easy to enough to find one then 🙂

0 Ratings