cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Charges for reporting spam SMS

Go to solution

When I get a spam text, I forward it to 7726 to report it. I understand it should be free of charge to do this, but I am sure that BT has charged me for these texts.

At least a couple of my bills this year have said 'you've sent n out of plan texts, so there's an extra £x to pay'. I don't send many texts these days, despite an unlimited allowance. The only texts I can see which might possibly be considered 'out of plan' is to this 7726 short code...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charges for reporting spam SMS

Go to solution

If you can’t see it on your itemised bill via your online account you’d need to contact BT customer service on 150 from a  BT line to get them to look at the extra charges.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @SmallJSP texts to 7726 should be free, if you view your itemised bill at MyBT are the text charges listed beside this number?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

My bad. You're right, I hadn't looked at the itemised numbers, which would be the obvious thing to do. The texts to 7726 are indeed free and the charge is for an MMS! You live and learn.

J

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @SmallJSP No worries, I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings