Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Begadoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Connecting tablet to 3G

Go to solution

Apologies if I am in the wrong area!

I have a BT SIM in my Samsung Galaxy tablet. I am trying to test the connection to G3 (and G4). According to the BT map, I am in an area where I should get both.

I have deliberately switched off WiFi to force tablet to connectto G3 or whatever but it doesn't connect.

Clicking on Mobile networks shows Data roaming on , Access point names - blank, Network mode shows - LTE/3G/2G(auto connect) and Network operators - BT.

However if I try to access a web page I getthe message "You are off line. Detais WiFi and mobile data are uanvailable. 

ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED.

The implication is that there is no 3G signal received yet BT map shows a strong signal where I am.

BT lying or a faulty tablet (or user!)?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting tablet to 3G

Go to solution
If your access point names are blank then that's your problem, the access point names are essentially the settings that your tablet will use to connect to the data servers. I'll paste a link to the apns in my next reply...
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Begadoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks but it doesn't appear to be that. Although Access Point Names, did not display any values, unlike the other fields which did, when I clicked on it I found the various values in your link correctly set.

So still stuck.

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hmm that's perculiar. Have you tried, on the APN screen, hit the 3 dots, then 'reset to default, you'll then be given a list of provided with a button for each, might be worth a shot choosing BT agaib..

Another thing, if you download the BT mobile app, sign yourself in, dowe it show you an allowance? Cause if it doesn't then there's a problem with your account and that's why you're not getting any
0 Ratings
Begadoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Found answer, well got answer through chat line. The problem was atthe BT end. The person I spoke to eventually said she would "refresh the network" and that solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.