Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 58

Re: Constant voicemail icon

Go to solution

Did you complete the form as invited in Message 10 above? If so you should have got an immediate acknowledgement with a reference number. The mods are routinely busy and it usually take a few days for a referral to get to the top of the queue.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
robboz
Contributor
Message 22 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Damien1

You may be pleased to hear that BT Support  (150) have acknowledged that I should not be getting the messages. I think they mean the red blob and messages to say non existant voice mails await reading.

BT Support have now 'raised a fault' the time scale is 5 working days. (from 18.15 yesterday).

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 58

Go to solution
Thanks guys I received a voice message from BT today saying they are aware of the fault and are looking into it they have no date as yet for a fix
0 Ratings
robboz
Contributor
Message 24 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Damien1

I have just heard from BT support. After 5 days their people conclude that the fault iswith my phone and there fore for Apple to solve.

Interesting when BT report back in your case.

0 Ratings
robboz
Contributor
Message 25 of 58

Go to solution

At my suggestion and beforeI take it up with Apple, BT have agreed to send me a replacement Sim to rule that out as a cause.

.Should be with me Friday.

Forever hopeful

0 Ratings
Jorvikboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 58

Go to solution

I doubt thats a phone issue...

Have you first of all tried a network reset on the iphone to see if this helps? It will remove all the wifi settings so you will need to re enter your wifi passwords.. but I have found it often helps sort out network issues such as mobile signal and wifi issues.

If you want to try it...

Settigns.. General... then down to reset.. then select network settings reset and enter your pin. The phone will restart and will ask for your wifi password. It will also check the Mobile settings are correct.

Apple will not just change your phone, you would be expected to first of all try a re-install. Make sure you back up your iphone to either iCloud or itunes before performing a full reset and restore of all settings but this is not needed for a netowrok settings reset

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 58

Go to solution

Have you tried what I've posted in this thread previously?:-

Right. Lets get down into the pitstop with this. Remove the sim card, unmount and remove sd card if there is one. Remove all settings for mobile operator from the device, remove battsry and wait for 5 minutes. Insert the bt sim and start with a clean install of all bt mobile connectivity. Any joy? Beware that some settings might lurk on the sd card if you have one. Check that the bt mobile, sms and voice mail settings have been inputted to the device. If it were me if no joy at this point, once you have been advised your bt mobile account has been correctly and fully provisioned I'd ask for a replacement sim card.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
robboz
Contributor
Message 28 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Jorvikboy

Many thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that I have tried network reset.

I have also had contact with Apple and indeed they suggested resets which I have done both from my phone and via iTunes. 

I have been going from BT to Apple and back over the last couple of weeks and am now awaiting a new Sim which is due tpmorrow, Friday.

I too doubt the problem is a phone issue but will try the new Sim before going further. 

0 Ratings
robboz
Contributor
Message 29 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Allan Quartermain.

Thanks for your reply.

My iPhone does not have an SD card

I have reset network settings to no avail

The battery, as far as I know is inaccessible to me.

I have reached the stage of requesting a replacement sim card which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Guy's,

I've highlighted your issues and it is being raised with EE for further investigation. @robboz let us know if the new sim works tomorrow. @Damien1 can you try resetting the voicemail settings on your phone and let us know if that helps?

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings