cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 58

Re: Constant voicemail icon

Go to solution

If I might step in here............

Hmmm.  Do the 'message centre' details on the device change when the 02/BT SIMs are exchanged in the device?

If its configured for messages with 02 and not configured for messages with BT such a display might then pop up on the device.

Have the SMS settings etc for BT mobile been correctly inputted into the device?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 58

Go to solution
Hello thank you for your reply yes when the sims are changed the messaging centre changes and no icon appears with o2 as soon as I put the bt sim in bang up it comes the symbol and a notification that I have a new voicemail which doesn't blooming exist!!
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 58

Go to solution

Annoying indeed Smiley Mad

Now that Neil from the mod team has his hands on it, I'm sure it will be looked into.

I'd guess its some detail of your BT mobile a/c maybe not provisioned for VM correctly.

[You'll have cheacked all the settings on your phone no doubt.  I suspect that BT will de-activate and then re-activate your VM service, as it does not sound like a device issue, though it might be a faulty BT SIM card I'm thinking if its not an account issue].

Keep us posted on here, as this is an odd bod Smiley Sad

AQ.

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 58

Go to solution
Will do thanks I've deactivated it and re activated it my end but no joy 😞
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 58

Go to solution

Right. Lets get down into the pitstop with this.

Remove the sim card, unmount and remove sd card if there is one. Remove all settings for mobile operator  from the device, remove battsry and wait for 5 minutes.

Insert the bt sim and start with a clean install of all bt mobile connectivity. Any joy? Beware that some settings might lurk on the sd card if you have one.

Check that the bt mobile, sms and voice mail  settings have been inputted to the device.

If it were me if no joy at this point, once you have been advised your bt mobile account has been correctly and fully provisioned I'd  ask for a replacement  sim card.

AQ.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 58

Go to solution

PS:-

So, next task IMHO on this is to phone BT mobile.

Ask them to check, check and check again, tht your account is fully provisiobed, including VM feature.

If you try all of the above, ask for a replacement BT sim card.

Good luck!

AQ.

Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 58

Go to solution
I am waiting for the mods to look into it will keep you informed
0 Ratings
robboz
Contributor
Message 18 of 58

Go to solution

Hi Damien1 You are not alone!

I have an iPhone and very recently moved from Orange to BT for mobile phone. Installation of the BT sim brought about the red voice mail indicator which has stayed with me ever since. I have had email discussion with 150 at BT and have my latest with them as yet unanswered. That was to say that I have discovered, as you did, that replacing the old sim cleared the red mark.

Of course the phone doesn't work at all then, but no red indicator. Having followed BT suggestions to reset settings to no avail and having been referred to Apple support and reset my phone totally with software being removed and re-installed, the red mark remains. This morning I received a message that 6 Voice Mail messages awaited my reading. That's happened before..dialled 1571 again to be told no messages. That's happened before also.  Due to the red mark sticking to the voice mail icons I have been unable to set up Voice Mail anyway!

I would be very interested and most grateful to hear that the problem has been solved.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 58

Go to solution
Hi robboz I am still waiting for the mods to contact me I don't know how long they normally take the symbol is really annoying me now
0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 58

Go to solution
I don't know why I'm getting emails telling me to mark an answer as a solution when I'm still waiting for the mods to acknowledge
0 Ratings