Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanC69
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Data Usage

Go to solution

My data usage has always been very low, less than a 1GB.  Last month it hit 4GB, and appears to be heading towards 6GB this month for no apparent reason.  I examined my Apps, and discovered that Chrome used 79KB in August, 21MB in September, and 2GB in October.  I am totally mystified by this.  I have now disabled Chrome, although I'm not sure what the result of this action will be!  I contacted Samsung, and not too sure what they've done - they told me to put phone into Safe Mode for 2 hours, then see what happens.  Can anyone explain what might be happening here?  I don't want to exceed my data, especially as I am not aware of doing anything to use up so much data.  I wondered if downloading the NHS App might have triggered something.   

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Data Usage

Go to solution

First thing to do if you don't want to exceed your allowance is to disable mobile data while you find the cause.

I think I'd start by opening Chrome and having a look at the little number in the square at the top of the screen to see how many instances of Chrome you have running

-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you login at www.bt.com/mybt you can set a spending cap to £0.00, that way you won't get any high bills.

Then see if you can determine why you're using extra data, good luck.

IanC69
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for your advice.  After contacting Samsung yesterday, I checked my data usage this morning.  It has dropped from an average daily usage of approximately 170MB per day to almost zero!!    I am baffled, but happy about this outcome.