Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
secretlife
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Data roaming in Russia -how to get it?

Go to solution

Hi! (My first time on here as a brand new BT mobile user. Also the first time I had to add a fake surname because it told me my surname was a "bad word" Woman LOL )

I go to Russia every couple of months and want to use my mobile there, particularly mobile data. I see Russia is not in the Roam like from Home list but I can't see how to get an add-on for it. I can only find add on for USA. How do I get one?

With my old provider, once I had arrived in Russia I was prompted to buy the add on there - will it be the same for BT mobile or can I pay for it in advance? Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
secretlife
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Data roaming in Russia -how to get it?

Go to solution

Oh dearWoman Sad I finally called BT and have learned that they don't offer a package (unlike EE whom I was with before and from whom I have  switched) So I either have to have extortionate use of my mobile when in Russia - or not use it all - or get a separate SIM card with a separate package. Very disappointing.

0 Ratings
radiomarko
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Only just seen this, info may be useful for someone. I've been travelling to Russia frequently for many years. These days I simply use a local MTS sim (some very good deals for data and voice) in one phone and keep my BT Sim in another, turning it on and checking it occasionally for texts or voicemail with data roaming off. Not too expensive doing it that way.

You could get a dual SIM phone, but I have never tried it as not sure if a SIM can be turned off as required..

secretlife
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi. Yes -that is exactly what I did - very easy and cheap - and I have a dual SIM phone and it worked great 🙂

0 Ratings