cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sj66
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Do BT actually want new customers?!

Have tried for 3 days now to order a new BT mobile sim. Every time I get to the 'checking your details' page I get a 'sorry there's a technical issue, you can still order online' error message. (Ref con-113) Errrr no I can't!!!!
chat advisor today basically tried to say it was my PC/browser, etc. fault because I was going thru a 3rd party site (have tried every which way direct, logged in to my BT acct, you name it, I've tried it & still end up with the same error.
Have tried on 3 different devices.
I am an existing BT broadband customer. Starting to wonder if moving to BT mobile is wise if this is an example of the level of service
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Do BT actually want new customers?!

Why not just pick up the phone and call them?

Yes, it's a pain when the online order system doesn't work but if you'd phoned up the first day you'd probably have had the SIM by now. 

sj66
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I'm using top Cashback, has to be done online.
0 Ratings
sj66
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Anyone help with this?
I'm getting con-0113 error whichever way I try to order a BT mobile sim.
I'm logged in to my acc & checked all my acc details match :((
0 Ratings
sj66
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
Highlighted
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I know how you feel I wanted mobile upgrade they said OK sent phone found out it wasn't an upgrade but new contract kept it for bit but then got it cancelled as they said send back and do new order as upgrade so I do that but now they keep cancelling the order so thought stuff them got puc code and left and now moved my broadband aswel
0 Ratings
sj66
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

As BT forum has sent me an email asking if the problem was resolved, well thanks for looking & not bothering to actually reply!
After trying for 5 days & still getting the tech error msg, I gave in and phoned. To be fair, the guy that answered & ordered for me couldn't have been more helpful. But still no reason or explanation of the CON-0113 error.
So, as my click-thru from Top Cashback was registered, I am going to claim the Cashback, thru an appeal if necessary, as it clearly wasn't my fault that the order wouldn't complete on line. Also, despite being told of 'very good 2G coverage' at home, I have absolutely no signal from the new sim, can't even receive the activation text. So, here's hoping I get a better signal than Vodafone at work (that was zilch too so BT don't have to raise the bar too high!)
0 Ratings
liggerz87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Of you got the sim go to your my account and activate the sim or you can phone
0 Ratings