cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nino6689
Message 1 of 7

E Sim IPhone Xs

Go to solution
Do you plan to support the E Sim now there are a number of apple devices with it available
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: E Sim IPhone Xs

Go to solution

Hi @Nino6689

BT Mobile do not currently support eSIM either for mobiles or Apple Watch. It maybe something they will look at in the future but not yet I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
KennethS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Just adding a vote for BT including eSIM as an option.  I am a longtime BT Mobile customer (on a family plan with my wife and son, so 3 of us actually).  I would prefer to stay with BT but have begun looking at EE and Vodafone tariffs for when they launch eSIM capability on the iPhone Xs Max.  

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @KennethS

Just out interest how would you use the eSIM?  for a second line? to free up the physical SIM? for a business line? 

I'm totally with you about wanting the eSIM on BT, its not something I think they will have at the launch but maybe something they will consider later..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
KennethS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Dean, great question.  I travel for work and pleasure quite frequently and for extended periods, including to the USA, and I use a SIM for a US account I have when there.  I was hoping to setup my BT account (or other UK account if I end up having to switch) on the eSIM as my main account to keep the SIM slot free for me to insert the local SIM when travelling.  I might even just leave the SIM for my other account in all the time, once I am comfortable that iOS 12.1 works as it should and lets me limit useage of the eSIM and SIM accounts as I direct.  

It is primarily the data roaming that I avoid on my BT account, since the charges to use data in the USA are (in my view) excessive.  EE as well as a few others do allow roaming in the USA in many of their tariffs, which together with if one gets eSIM going and BT still has no timeline for it, might push me to another provider...

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@KennethS

To be fair that is my exact reason for wanting eSIM. Like with many things the MVNO's and even some of the main networks will be slow to roll this out to see how it develops and the demand. 

wegotjoy
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Another vote for esim here - my wife wants it so she doesn't have to juggle and lug 2 phones round London the whole time.  Seems a bit odd that EE support it but their owner BT doesn't.