cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

EE BENEFITS AND HALO 3

bt website offers unlimited mobile data and 10% discount for halo3 customers who have an ee mobile smart plan. how does one get these benefits?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: EE BENEFITS AND HALO 3

Hi, @BPBPBP thanks for posting your question, eligible new BT or EE customers are sent a notification to link the accounts. Check out this link Help with EE offers for more info.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you Neil0.  The headline information looks promising but closer examination suggests that people who are already customers of  both BT and EE can’t benefit.

The Halo literature states:

“As a BT Halo customer, you'll be able to get unlimited mobile data when you join EE on a Smart Plan. Plus you'll get 10% off your EE mobile plan every month.”

BT terms and conditions state:

“2.1.2. selected EE customers on a pay monthly handset or 12 months plus SIM only plan joining BT broadband as a new customer after 01/12/2020”

I am an existing EE  customer (but not on a Smart Plan) and I was an existing BT broadband customer before I joined Halo3.  Does joining Halo3 make me “a new customer” or does my previous broadband contract disqualify me from the BT/EE benefits?

If I switch to an EE Smart Plan does that qualify me as “joining” EE on a Smart Plan or am I disqualified as an existing customer?

Is this a case of existing and long standing customers not being able to get the same benefits as new customers?  Who at BT deals with discrimination against existing customers?  Can I get the BT/EE benefit now that BT owns EE?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Why not call BT & ask instead of claiming discrimination straight away?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Please read what I wrote, especially the last sentence, and what BT puts in its documentation, before moving into trolling mode.  Offers that are made to new customers and not to existing clients result from an organisation discriminating between existing and new customers. 

BT is one of many organisations which discriminate against existing customers by offering benefits that are only available to new customers.  Price and benefit discrimination has detrimental effects on the market and is rarely in the best interest of all customers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It's not trolling, it's a response to your post stating it when all you have to do is call & speak to someone. I'm sure if BT are promoting a benefit to you that if you call them & mention wanting a smart plan with unlimited data on EE they'll sort out an upgrade for you! Otherwise there's no point in them mentioning it to you

Message 7 of 9

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m in the same boat. New Halo customer with existing EE plan.

BT support say that EE is a separate company and there is no way to link accounts.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I'm afraid that I didn't make any progress and didn't get a response.  The issue was overtaken by a lengthy saga of problems arising from a switch to digital voice, as a result of which I secured a discount on my BT subscription.  I think that the best option is to wait until the EE plan expires and then switch to BT mobile or to try to negotiate a better deal with EE in exchange for staying with that company.  That's my intention when my EE plan expires later this year.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

In the same boat myself. Upgraded my device a couple of weeks ago with EE. ia am a Halo customer but cannot access full additional benefits
0 Ratings