cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EE Sims

We have just accepted a new contract from BT - part of it was having EE as our mobile provider, but keep our present numbers.

Out of the blue we've now received 2 EE sims!!

Finding it impossible to reach BT by chat or e mail and do not want to phone them xx

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EE Sims

@belleblueowner  In my opinion, since you have accepted the change to EE, then receiving EE Sims makes sense. Why not load one into one of your phones and see whether the original number continues.

Surprised you have had no notifications - emails, texts etc. Is there anything on your MyBT to explain?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

It’s safe to assume you’ve been up-sold and moved to EE.

BT Mobile and EE are separate networks even if they’re owned by BT. If you go ahead you’ll need to port your number from BT to the new EE lines.

When I moved one of my lines over it was manual. Did they promise you a call back or say they’d process the port on your behalf? (not actually sure they’re allowed to).

As much as you you don’t want to you’d be better off calling customer service for them to go through the process with you correctly. 

The original advisor should have gone through the process with you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Carlusha 

You know that's something l missed - usually BT inundate you with messages concerning up grades etc. I will have another look thru my messages and e mails.

I spent a good hour speaking to BT and EE - thought it was sorted so tried to put new SIM cards in and they are too big. Admittedly the SIMS  they do send are adjustable, that doesn't include a nano SIM, which is needed by both our phones!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Anonymous 

Thank you for your response, and in the end l did phone and spent a good hour speaking to BT and EE - thought it was sorted so tried to put new SIM cards in and they are too big. Admittedly the SIMS  they do send are adjustable, that doesn't include a nano SIM, which is needed by both our phones! xx

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

Evening,

All EE SIMS are ‘multi’ SIMs, you should be able to pop out the gold chip from the plastic surround, it should be pre-scored.

92E942E3-CA83-4104-974B-11CCC4CB3843.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Anonymous 

Yes l realise that but the  smallest one they send is a micro SIM, we need NANO SIMS 

Screenshot_20220216-002742.jpg

0 Ratings