cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

EE network coverage - Poor / non signal replaced a BT Mobile SIM

Hi all. More of a warning than a question. My parents are customers for BT Broadband and had BT mobile. 

Earlier this year they renewed Broadband but got moved over to EE for mobile services. 

Unfortunately, no check was made of network coverage where they live.  It is actually more of a notwork.

After several months of missed calls (including medical  / hospitals), they have had enough. A move to Vodafone has got them a working phone again but has cost £138 in getting rid of EE - which of course is not reclaimable. 

I don't know who / which network BT Mobile was piggy backing off, but it would appear not to have been EE. 

Another one bites the dust. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: EE network coverage - Poor / non signal replaced a BT Mobile SIM

@trevwoodywrote:

I don't know who / which network BT Mobile was piggy backing off, but it would appear not to have been EE.

BT Mobile was always done using the EE network, as BT own EE they wouldn't use another carrier for the service, when they moved did they also change mobile handset? different hardware might cause a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: EE network coverage - Poor / non signal replaced a BT Mobile SIM

Thanks for the response. They did not change handset at the time.  They use the same handset with Vodafone now and have no issues at all.  The EE coverage checker and also the Moneysupermarket checker report Poor coverage where they are. Odd, but irrelevant now. 

0 Ratings