cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Emergency Calls Only for several days - No info !!!

Go to solution

Hi,

I am not a heavy user of my mobile, but I still need it, and I have noticed that I have seemingly not had anything more than 'Emergency calls only' for some time. Just to confirm, I just requested an SMS pin number for something - nothing. I have found the service status page - nothing, 'No reported network problems'. I had to go to the EE Status Service page to find something.

Furthermore, I have checked Mobile Data Usage.  From what I can make out from the Android settings, around about the 2nd of April, all Mobile Data stopped... and no I haven't turned it off. I have either been at home, or nearby (Within 5 minutes walk) since then...

Any chance someone could enlighten me as to when I will get Mobile service back ?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Emergency Calls Only for several days - No info !!!

Go to solution

Hi @Durgemeister

The best suggestion would be to get the mobile chat team to check your account and settings with you. You can start an online chat here. 

BT Mobile Chat

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

As suspected - The issue is down to repair/Maintenance work, which I found out via web-chat with someone in India, and NOT on a BT Service status Web Page, or phone-line. But I did find out something via the EE Service Status...not with BT, with whom I pay for the service.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@Durgemeister

As BT Mobile is an MVNO it is hosted on EE. I’ve found it can often take time to filter down  when there are issues with local mast or network upgrade. 

If you haven’t already found this page on EE you can check coverage and network issues, putting your post code and BT mobile number  it will send text updates 

BT/EE Network Coverage and Network Status

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

An update - it has been over a month since this issue came up. I have been informed by a neighbour - who is an EE customer - that the issue is not likely to be resolved until at least June 30th. That is totally unacceptable -  3 months with no reception at home. I don't think it is too much to ask for a reduction in my bill.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Durgemeister

The best course of action is to talk to the mobile chat team, and let it be recorded on your account. As a rule BT seem to give discounts or Good Will once an issue has been resolved. 

As this is out of the hands of BT and in the hands of EE, the mobile chat team can send a message to the relevant departments with the mobile teams to try and get updates. Three months without reception due to issues on the network is not acceptable but the options during the period are some what limited. 

Speak to mobile chat, get it logged on the account then ask for a good will gesture.

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi, just wanted to update on this issue - The last piece of information I got from EE regarding this fault is that they need to get someone to repair the SITE, before they can repair the Mast. To clarify, the mast is on top of an old-style Cinema, situated at the top of a hill, where there are Antennae for other Providers, and the Emergency services - sounds like the roof needs to be repaired beforehand......

... this means that we are talking the end of August AT LEAST, bringing it to 5 months that I, and others, have had limited service.

Anyway, I would like to point out that a few weeks ago, I contacted the Mobile Team about the issue as suggested, as I feel that I should be suitably compensated for this shambles, they gave me a Fault number (VOL-xxxx) and told me they were going to send it to my e-mail address. I tried to confirm that they send it to my contact e-mail (Non-BT), but I can only assume they sent it to the e-mail address in my BTID, which has been locked since signing on (I can't remember why, but for some reason I ended up with Two accounts, but this account uses this BTid, but I can't access it as an e-mail) . So I have no proof that this fault has been registered.. it is not appearing on the Track a fault (or Order) link.

I want someone to confirm to me (Without having to go through that useless chat system) that this fault has been logged, and what happens then.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Durgemeister

my advice would be not to discuss compensation or a good will payment until the fault is resolved. 

I can ask a moderator to see if a fault and complaint was logged for you. They will post here shortly. 

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Noted, and thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Durgemeister,

We will take a look at your account to find out who's handling this for you and ask that they get in touch.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings