Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Si1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

End of Handset Contract

Go to solution

Hi,

The contract on my mobike handset is due to end next month. I am looking to retain the phone, and not to upgrade the handset at this time.  At the end of the contract term, will my bill automatically be adjusted so that I only paying for the SIM, or do I need to notify BT to ensure I am not paying for the handset beyond that date?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: End of Handset Contract

Go to solution

Hi @Si1, as far as I'm aware BT do not split the cost of the handset and tariff, so at the end of your contract you will automatically continue to pay your normal monthly amount.

I think that you would need to cancel your current contract and then take out a separate sim only deal and port your number over to the new sim. I would suggest contacting the Mobile Team to be sure but I think this is what you would need to do.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Si1 and thanks for posting.

You should be able to move over to a sim only contract keeping your current number. The Mobile Chat Team will be able to help you with this. Can you try them and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Si1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi David,

thanks for the reply.  Contacted Chat Team, and they advised me what I could do.  I also need to contact Value Team to confirm.

0 Ratings
Si1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Andy,  I was advised to contact Value Team, but it is exactly as you advised.

0 Ratings