cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave551
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

End of contract and they won't revert my sim to Family Sim !!!

Hi

I cant believe a company like BT can't do something as simple as move my sim at the end of my contract.

So in one month at the end of my contract i wont be able to keep my number and transfer to my current 3 family sims making it 4.

Oh no i have 3 options, cancel my contract sim, port my number to another provider, then add a new family sim and port back in. Great !!

or they will revert to a sim only deal but seperate from my family deal and more expensive for less data and minutes

or take out a new contract phone at worse deals then other providers... Not good

Anybody any idea's

Dave UK

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: End of contract and they won't revert my sim to Family Sim !!!

Hi Dave,

I've read this post 3 times and still don't understand what you're trying to do, can you possibly reply with a more clear breakdown of the scenario ?
There will be options for you, there always is 🙂

0 Ratings
Dave551
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the interest. Ok

1) I have one Samsung S7 on £50 month contract thats ending on 17th Dec this year. it came with its own non family sim.

2) i later added 3 family sims for my family 15gb data and unlimited mins etc. around £40 month on top 

So at the end of contract i wanted my Samsung sim to be added to my family sims making it 4 family sims on same as above15gb data etc. meaning my £50 a month dies and i add £9 to my £40 family sim price.

BT are saying i cant i have options like previous post.

Clear as Mud Smiley Surprised

Hope that helps

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Yes that can be done, if the handset is part of the family sim plan already you can just ask BT to manage the handset plan and change to a sim only plan.
If the handset is not part of the family sim plan you'll need to change the handset to a 15GB sim only plan, then once you have the same allowance you can add your new sim plan to the family sim.

What you're asking is possible, you'll need either the Loyalty team or the Value team to place the order.

0 Ratings
Coight
Message 5 of 6

I thought I was the only one
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Coight
Message 6 of 6

resend what you want as a reply so we can help?

0 Ratings