cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 78

Re: Existing BT Mobile Customer

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs; You'll probably find that your phone will initially choose either T Mobile when out and about or Orange, whichever signal the phone detects as having the stronger signal. [Virgin customers also find this, as Virgin uses the EE network].  I would imagine that once the integration to BT/EE is complete in every respect a single "BT" connection will appear, but given the scale of that integration, it wont be a quick job.

That said, imj [above] does see a "BT" connection.

Keep an eye on the data use though, I set all use of data e.g location, updating to a manual option rather than an automatic one.  It is then done at a time of my choosing, which in most cases is done at home via wi-fi.  The newer handsets can gobble data like chickens in a farmyard Smiley Wink

Have fun Smiley Happy

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 78

Go to solution

I too am on the inclusive 50 txt broadband anywhere that is included with my package. Never bothered paying the £5 for 500MB as so many BT Fon hotspots about.

Looks like I now will have no choice but pay the extra £5 so not happy Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 78

Go to solution

@PingMan wrote:

I too am on the inclusive 50 txt broadband anywhere that is included with my package. Never bothered paying the £5 for 500MB as so many BT Fon hotspots about.

Looks like I now will have no choice but pay the extra £5 so not happy Smiley Mad

But the BT Anywhere is £5 more than normal broadband option 3, so if that element is removed, then the £5 will simply be on your mobile bill, and not your broadband bill.

Until we actually see what the options are for BBA customers, its difficuly to tell.

Some people actually migrated away from BBA to a different mobile provider, and saved £5 on their BB bill.

You will be better off, as you will be getting the data package for free.

I actually pay extra for the data package, so I will save money, unless there is a catch.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 78

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Some people actually migrated away from BBA to a different mobile provider, and saved £5 on their BB bill.

You will be better off, as you will be getting the data package for free.

I was one such customer back then Keith [at the end of the 18 month Anywhere contract]. There was a saving on the BB bill and a brand new phone from another provider over another 18 month contract was financed by the saving I made. That phone ended up costing me nothing and my BB was cheaper pcm.

I'd expect things to be on a much better deal for the customer basis this time round though.

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 78

Go to solution

As I am already paying via BBA, I expect not to have to pay anything more, but actually save £5 on the data package, perhaps that`s wishful thinking...

What I do not want, is to be moved onto a different broadband option, and lose Broadband Talk, which seems to happen to other people.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 78

Go to solution
AQ

I now connect to BT Mobile network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 78

Go to solution

That said, imj [above] does see a "BT" connection.

Yep imj, I knowSmiley Wink

AQ.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 78

Go to solution
AQ

No what I mean is before I had BT showing on home screen but now when I go to networks in my settings I now have BT Mobile as a network I can select whereas before it was not an available network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 39 of 78

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:
AQ

No what I mean is before I had BT showing on home screen but now when I go to networks in my settings I now have BT Mobile as a network I can select whereas before it was not an available network

IMJ,    AQ.

There's an improvement here.

Look in Settings > Networks > view/search  availavable networks.

Yesterday there were only 2:- BT and Vodaphone.

This morning there's 3 :- BT, 3UK and Vodaphone.

I have also kept the settings to select automatically.

Now there's a faster Mobile (internet) connection which is now displayed as HSPDA.

Phone signal is still slightly low at -93dBm 10 asu.

Network is named as BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 78

Go to solution

are you in a 4g area?  can your phone connect at 4g?

0 Ratings