Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 61 of 78

Re: Existing BT Mobile Customer

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

There's still that nagging doubt as to whether my separate account for the old BT Mobile is really going to be cancelled.

I was wondering about that. The old mobile bill ran to 31st March, and is due to be paid by DD on 7th April.

After that, I will delete the separate DD for my mobile account, as it now appears that the billing is now done through the normal landline account.

As least my number has now been ported over.

My number has not yet been ported.

It's Easter time. Smiley Happy

Will persue the outstanding issues later. The new Sumsung Galaxy S5 is now performing "as expected". :smileyhappy

It's time to have a good Easter Holiday.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 78

Go to solution

What appears to have happened in my case, is that because I wanted to keep my BBT number, my Broadband Anywhere contract has been left intact, as I have just been billed as normal. All that has happened is that my number has been ported onto the new SIM card.

As to my calls allowance, I suspect it will stay as the original 50 minute, 50 texts, which suites me anyway, it just means that I will be paying the £5.11 each month for the data, which is 11p more.

My mobile usage shows on both my phone and mobile accounts, and indicates that my mobile bill has just been paid.

I will leave things as they are, as I know that any attempt to change it, will result in chaos Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 63 of 78

Go to solution
I'll ask again about number porting next week.
The old Togo account still shows, but there's no charges on the billing.
Don't want to confuse system too much!
0 Ratings
susannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 78

Go to solution

I too have changed from bt anytime to the new sim only.  My husband's mobile went through with no glitches.  I on the other hand have had no phone for 8 days and it looks as if I won't get my number back as it has already been ported to the new sim, which is not we working.  I have paid for stationery prior to thisvwith my old mobile number printed on and which will now be useless.  This number had been mine for many years and the loss of it will be a great difficulty.  

There are problems with this new system, think very carefully before you change over.

0 Ratings
susannon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 78

Go to solution

BTW still no call from bt, no phone, no contact at all.  

Why would they set up this new system without back up, trying it out, something in place fir problems?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
emb0161
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 78

Go to solution

When I got the letter on 30/3 I phoned up and set in motion the change to the new BT mobile by 1/4 I had my new mobile phone and old number porteed.  Smooth and hassle free.  Really pleased with it.

Then a new bill was generated on the old package for the full month.  I phoned up and after being passed around and aroun 45 minutes on the phone on 7/4 and a call back was promised a final bill would be generated with a credit.  Now today a new bill has been generated giving a credit from 8/4 not 1/4.  After again a long phone call and the operator this time overseas having to round various departments she came back and said it was not the final bill and to wait 14 days then call back.  How many final bills will there be before they get it right!

It seems that the accounts department does not understand what is happening and the systems are not set up to cope with us moving to BT mobile and porting our number.

Now got to spend time writing in!! 

Beware you could continue to be billed for the old mobile service and the new.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 78

Go to solution

I only paid for the extra data bundle on BBA, which has been charged in advance (£5.11), but on contacting the BBA team, they said it would be corrected on the next bill.

My BBA calls/text allowance was only 50 minutes, and I had a discount on my BBA account which covered it anyway.

I am staying on the old BBA service, as I want to retain Broadband Talk, so I am no worse off after the change, and gain extra minutes/text, which I hardly ever use anyway.

My mobile bill now shows against my phone line.

If anyone is on the basic BBA, and has Broadband Talk which they want to retain, you need to make it clear to the BBA team, otherwise they will move you onto a different contract, and you will lose Broadband Talk.

0 Ratings
AlexMac
Beginner
Message 68 of 78

Go to solution

Oh no! After spending (literally) 6-10 hours over a week (the longest call just over 4 hours) on the freephone helpline  (to a series of at least ten charming BT advisors in Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and India) I finally got a solution to my problem of porting 2 numbers from 'old' to 'new' BT mobile.  It seems I rang in so early that the sales consultants had been wrongly briefed to say that only one PAC porting code was required for two handsets - since acknowledged as an error...

Like you, I then got an 'old' bill overlapping bill with calls on the old contract duplicating the new contract period; i.e after the new (much cheaper) rate should have started.  At least I assume its duplicated as I've no idea what my new bills are like as their billing system online in 'my BT' seems to be down all the time.

So again I rang in and a charming assistant in Dundee (or was it Ireland) promised this was a teething problem.  So- here's hoping!  But having spent several of the earlier calls waiting unsuccessfully for a PUC (handset unlocking code?) for my much-loved old HTC handset (with buttons!) which for no good reason was locked to Vodaphone (the old carrier) I gave up as life's too short and I thought I'd save that pleasure for another day.

So having hopefully solved 2 problems (poring & Billing?) that remeins as does the fact that new BT's EE should be called NA (nothing anywhere) due to the **bleep** signal coverage....  

0 Ratings
AlexMac
Beginner
Message 69 of 78

Go to solution
OOPS- that last sentence " So having hopefully solved 2 problems (poring & Billing?) ... to the **bleep** signal coverage "

should have said something like...
So having solved the problems of Porting and Billing (I hope), there only remains the problems of handset unlocking and EE's dreadful local signal...

But why am I even wasting time on this forum; it's not as if BT even read it, let alone use it to improve customer experience, is it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 70 of 78

Go to solution

For old customers previously on BT ToGo, check your monthly accounts.

Mine shows as zero charges on the old account,as given by MyBT, and was billed on a separate account.

However the direct debit is still being taken.

Direct debit is an instruction from the Account Administrator to take money from your bank account.

It's not a standing order - this is not the same, as a Standing Order is your instruction to the account Administrator.

I'll just delete the Direct Debit..............and ask for a refund. Wonder how long that will take over the phone.

It's a full time occupation looking after your account affairs.

0 Ratings