Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rickety
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

Extending ringing time before voicemail activates

Go to solution

This is frustrating.

The BT Chat service is poor as they have limited knowledge about their own mobile service, or access to it.

All I want to do is to let the phone ring for more than 6 rings so I have time to take the call before it switches to voicemail.

BT keep saying it is the phone maker (in my case Motorola) that can do this but Motorola are categoric it is only the service provider that can.  BT Mobile seems to  have no idea what can be done. The  only other provider I can get a signal from at home is Three. And they say they can adjust the ringing length on request.  I'd like to switch but have to wait 6 months for my contract with BT Mobile  to expire.  So, does anyone know of a solution to keep me going?

I have no faith in BT as on my BT Vision box there is no way to extend recording time. An engineer suggested recording the next program so I don't miss the end!   Is BT a technology company or not?

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 35

Re: Extending ringing time before voicemail activates

Go to solution

Does this page help?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
rickety
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 35

Go to solution

When trying this all I get is: 'Connection problem or invalid MMI code'   - any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 35

Go to solution

Just remembered another thread which suggests that the adjustment is not available on the new BT Mobile service. I'm asking thr forum moderators to look at this again and they will post here tomorrow, possibly to confirm this or possibly to ask you to contact them.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
rickety
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks but if I had known BT Mobile was so 'user unfriendly' both in out of date technology and product knowledge I would have gone to Three in the first place. They seem to know what they are doing. Unfortunately I have to wait 6 months before I can get out. Maybe BT should have taken on the best advisors at Orange/T Mobile when they took over EE ?  Lastly, do BT ever read these threads and do something about it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

Go to solution

On my HTC Desire which is on BT Mobile, I can alter it on the call forwarding menu from 5 to 30 seconds.

That would seem to indicate that its a phone option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 35

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I've asked the question and I'm sorry but there is no option to change the number of rings. Caller will go through to voicemail if they don't answer your phone within 20 seconds.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52721/c/7168

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 35

Go to solution

@rickety wrote:

do BT ever read these threads¹ and do something about it²?

¹ Yes, the moderating team regularly reports on particular issues to "the powers that be".

² Erm ... ...?

--
0 Ratings
rickety
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks but 20 seconds I WISH !!!  Mine is less than 10 seconds.

Utterley useless especially if you are hard of hearing  and not that physically mobile.

I miss more calls to voicemail than I manage to answer in time. Come on!! This is supposed to be a high tech company !!  If the other providers can allow this adjustment why can't BT ?  Pathetic or what? I'm taking this further.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 35

Go to solution

Is there no setting on your phone?

Its normally on the call divert options page which allows you to divert your calls either.

All calls

When Busy

When unanswered

When out of range.

The third option on my phone allows you to select a delay before diverting. The default divert is to the voicemail number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.