cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Family Sim Moving to EE

BT are moving our family sim to EE.

I've received 3 new sims but only been given one PAC code.

How do EE know which phone to transfer which number to? 

Sorry if that's a silly question, I only like technology when it works without any input from me!!

Thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Family Sim Moving to EE

Hi, @JoJo56 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

You'll need a PAC code for each number. The easiest way to get a PAC code is by texting ‘PAC’ to 65075 from your BT mobile sims then contact EE with the corresponding PAC code.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks Neil, that's what I thought but when I rang BT they said one was fine and put me through to EE, but as my husband wasn't home and he pays the bill I couldn't get past their security clearance to get a coherent answer!

Will try your suggestion

Jo

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

If the sims are linked a sin a family sim they are there is usually only 1 pac for all 3 numbers. If not already given EE should take it to transfer all 3 numbers without any issues

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Thanks Gary - it is on a family sim deal but how will EE know which number to transfer to which new SIM - I don't want my daughter's number to be put across to my husband's phone for example, that could end very badly!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

If they haven't been done yet they'll be able to know which sim has the number provided by them with the sim numbers & be able to process them accordingly so you shouldn't have to worry about that

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Thanks Gary - fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17

Did they issue you with a PAC for each line and have you provided that to EE?

The process isn’t automatic and one PAC won’t initiate a number port for multiple numbers. That’s not how the system works, each PAC is unique.

@NeilO are you able to confirm please?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

I only got one PAC code when moving 4 Family SIMs away to another provider 18 months ago, so this has been the case for a while. I got 4 temporary numbers  from the new provider, then had to match the temporary numbers to the desired numbers online. 

It worked OK, but I agree a PAC code per SIM would be much easier as it required more work from me (creating an online account, matching numbers to SIMs). I'm quite techie, I should imagine it would be a real faff for someone who wasn't.

That said, as BT own EE, this should work seamlessly, shouldn't it? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 10 of 17

Seamlessly would be wonderful but then there's reality 🤣

Thanks for the insight in to how you achieved it. Will give it a go over the weekend when the more techie than me kids are at home.!