Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Fastest 4G speeds with Plus

Go to solution

Hello,

Does this mean the same as EE provide, say 90Mbps + or do these speeds top out at 60Mbps? Are you essentially getting a free upgrade to BT's 'Extra Speed' or is totally unthrottled?

I've literally only had BT Mobile for 2 weeks (20GB with Extra Speed incl.) and now if I signed up to Plus, would I get 40GB and 4G+ speeds?

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 20

Re: Fastest 4G speeds with Plus

Go to solution

Hi @nikiandemma

it’s the fastest speeds available to BT on that mast and a max of 60Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Extra speed plan can exceed 60Mbps, just now in central Birmingham 1C3190C2-399F-4B36-A74C-EDAD203E056E.png

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @orozz

Now you are showing off and I’m jealous Smiley Happy

clearly that have really increased it to the maximum speed that BT can give on a local mast can, although clearly speeds will differ from mast to mast. 

BT can still surprise me, and not always in a bad way lol 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Hi - I just upgraded & seeing 68Mbps in my area - am very impressed by the extra speed 

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks to this post I’ve spotted issues on my sim/accounts. And it seems my sims are locked at 60 even in 4G+ areas 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Just upgraded to BT With Plus and mines always been capped at 60mbps.  Well now it's not!

Screenshot_20180605-154744_Speedtest.jpg

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@benfish

With Plus you will get the fasted speed of 4G BT Mobile has access to on that transmitter, in some places where they have 4G+ and slots you will go above 60.

However you can always check with the mobile chat team that Plus additon has been applied to your account correctly. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution
Awesome! Can I ask if you had the double data applied to your account too? I’ve upgraded to Plus yesteday and although it now says I have it, my 20GB is still showing. My number ports across tomorrow so I guess they’ll let the account settle first.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @nikiandemma

one your upgrade to plus completes you should get an email. Both the mobile app and at BT.com should say on your account that your a plus customer. 

BT’s system only normally allows one order at a time so with the port it may not happen until after. If for some reason it hasn’t please contact the mobile chat team who can look into it further

BT Mobile Online chat

0 Ratings