cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4woodend
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Fault activating sim card?

I gather that a fault has prevented sim cards being activated over the last 24 hours.   Perhaps the mods might investigate and let us know what is happening?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Fault activating sim card?

Hi 4woodend,

Thanks for posting. Are you having problems activating the sim? If so you'll find help at How to get started with BT Mobile. Let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for your reply.   After several phone calls I was told that there was a general problem with activating sim cards.   In my case the sim cards are being replaced and I should be able to activate the new set.   Whatever the problem it would appear to lie with BT Mobile but I don't know if it relates only to me or if others are involved. 

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

David

I would welcome your help.   BT Mobile at Swansea phoned again to let me know that the second set of sim cards cannot be activated.   While apologetic they were unable to tell me the nature of the problem let alone the solution.   I do not know what more I can do - perhaps you can discover what is going on?   Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

I have asked mod to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi 4woodend,

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the problems you're having activating your SIM cards.  Send over the details and we'll look into this.

Click on my userrname and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Robbie

Thanks - have done

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

One week after making contact with BT mobile, this progress report reports little progress.   A succession of pleasant individuals have phoned to offer apologies but little else.   I understand that there is an "error" on "the system" but have no indication of the problem, its solution or the likely timescale involved.    In an ever changing world perhaps it's reassuring to know that some things don't change.

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

How thoughtful of Libby Barr, Managing Director, Customer Care to remind me this morning to activate my new sim card.   Of course I would be happy to do just that as soon as BT rectify the fault that has prevented activation for the last 11 days.   Perhaps Libby would like to remind her colleagues that around 10% of applications cannot currently be processed because of BT Mobile errors with no evidence of progress to date.

0 Ratings
oldpaul100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

I have just received a Sim card and I  had the message that it had been activated.

I have put it in my Iphone 3 , paid O2 a fortune to unlock the phone. When I try to complete the unlock, ITunes will not accept the BT Sim. Says it is unsupported! It is from a carrier which is unsupported by the Activation Policy that is currently assigned by activation Server! Neither is it recognised by the phone. The new phone number is blank. It says No Service.

BTare already Charging for this useless unit.

What can I get BTto fix this?

0 Ratings