cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
runandkayak
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Faulty iphone (battery)

My daughter has an iPhone 5S whose battery died on her after 17 months.  She was careful when and how she charged it.  Her contact with BT was for 2 years but they don't want to know as Apple only give a 1 year guarantee.  Apple says it is up to BT as it is with them who we have the contract.  Surely under European Law they should provide a mobile phone whose life extends beyond 2 years. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Faulty iphone (battery)

Any warranty will cover the phone not the battery.

Stew

0 Ratings
runandkayak
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

So are you are saying if you get a dodgy battery it is just tough luck ? Apple quoted £250 for a new battery - it seems outrageous.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

You have been given the incorrect information, a battery replacement for the phone would be £79 and would take 3hours to 3 days to repair depending if a battery was in stock.

To get the battery replaced, book a genius store appointment or take to an authorised apple repaoir centre.

You quoted EU laws, if you are going to do so then read up about it. As this would explain what options are avalible to you

Apple repair prices can be found at. Apple Battery & Screen Repair

0 Ratings
runandkayak
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

My daughter had gone to a proper Apple store to get her quote.  Perhaps they were just wanting her to buy a new phone!

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@runandkayak wrote:

My daughter had gone to a proper Apple store to get her quote.  Perhaps they were just wanting her to buy a new phone!

Apple conning customers? Never!

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Not over the prices of out of warranty repairs. 

0 Ratings