cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Flexibility Around BT Mobile

Hi,

I'm just interested to know about the flexibility to change tariffs on BT Mobile. Ultimately I want to move onto a family plan, however i've just signed up for Broadband and therefore am looking at:

1. Signing up for BT Mobile Sim only without Broadband (as it hasn't been installed yet).

2. Once installed enable the £5pm discount for Jan.

3. Adding my wife's sim once her contract with another provider ends in Spring next year. 

Can I get the latest "headline" deals throughout this process? i.e. save the £5pm once broadband is installed and in due course move to the better savings available through the family plan?

The family plan at the moment for 2x 16gb 12 month contract for £16 looks particularly attractive however unfortunately this appears to be time limited so won't likely be available when I'm looking to move my wife.

Any advice, tips, experiences trying something similar all very welcome!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: Flexibility Around BT Mobile

I know you can take out a mobile line with BT and then later on add broadband which will give you the £5 (and double data if you have Halo). iirc, all I had to do was call up and they added it on without any issues. My broadband and mobile are on separate accounts too. 

When you sign up for a family sim it looks like you have to order 2 lines, although it does say you can remove additional lines as they’re treated as 30 day contracts. Will you and your wife need the same amount of data?  Family SIMs are all on the same tariff, each additional sim has a discount (of a few pounds). If not you could in theory get a regular sim for yourself now and look at what deals are available later down the line when your wife line is ready to move to BT? (There is a risk that there might not be any better deals).

I can’t see anything that says you can convert a regular SIMO to a family sim but I have seen posts on here about it going the other way.

The deal change all the time, what’s available now might not be around in a few months, the Black Friday deals certainly won’t be! My old unlimited data for £20 hasn’t been offered for a long while now.

150 should have more answers for you if you have a bit of one to kill over the weekend. The mobile team are around until 9 and tend to be a bit quieter later in the evening.