cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdoona
Message 1 of 7

Free JBL speaker

Hi, 

I signed up to a new 12 month sim only contract with BT om 29th Nov (£16 / month for 35 GB data) the lady on the phone stated to me that it would definitely qualify for the free speaker. I've checked through the order email which details all the payment and what's included, however there is no mention of the free speaker.

I'm a little bit concerned as I've have to complain to BT in the past as I haven't received the free gifts. Is anyone else in the same situation?   

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Free JBL speaker

@adamdoona 

Did you apply online?

0 Ratings
adamdoona
Message 3 of 7

No it wouldn't let me complete the order online so I had to ring and speak to an advisor, she couldn't find the plan they had advertised so suggested a different one. Initially she said it didn't qualify for the free speaker but changed her mind after speaking to someone else, so this started alarm bells ringing when there was no mention of the free speaker on my emails. We even discussed whether I would keep the speaker for myself or use it as a gift for someone else.

Having been stung before with free gift issues with BT, I'm a little bit wary and judging by some of the posts quite rightly!

0 Ratings
adamdoona
Message 4 of 7

Still in the window to cancel the contract and go elsewhere at the moment too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@adamdoona wrote:

Still in the window to cancel the contract and go elsewhere at the moment too.

That is why your speaker has not been sent. You have to wait until 30 days have elapsed since your SIM was activated, so you are outside of the cancellation period.

This is to stop people claiming the speaker, then cancelling.

If you do not get the speaker once the 30 days has passed, then please post back here, and a moderator will help.

All phone calls and transcripts are saved, so if you were promised the gift, it will be honoured.

adamdoona
Message 6 of 7

Excellent thank you, I get why they would do that. However why no mention of the speaker in any emails?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@adamdoona wrote:
Excellent thank you, I get why they would do that. However why no mention of the speaker in any emails?

I would not worry at this stage. If there is a problem, then one of the moderators can take a look at your order, and check. They are very good at sorting things out.

0 Ratings