cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PeterV17
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Frustrating experience with Residential Services.

Hello - long story short, I am profoundly deaf and e-mail & WhatsApp is the only method of communication. Another long story cut short - I moved my broadband service from BT to a certain company beginning with a 'V'. (Let's say Usain Bolt and Southampton FC team).

I had assumed that EVERYTHING would be stopped, only to find out that I am still with BT under both BT Mobile and e-mail services.

I sent several frustrating emails to the useless Residential Services teams asking for the remaining services to be ended and if possible, closing my account here at BT.

What happened can only be described as Keystone Kops-level of service from people who seems to not have English as their native language. Despite me keeping repeating that I am deaf and that I can't use the telephone etc. - they kept telling me to telephone the Cancellations Team!

(If you're not sure who the Keystone Kops was, swap it for say, Laurel & Hardy or Abbott & Costello and you're getting there.)

They also told me that I should find a friend or a family member to telephone them on my behalf. Well - they make it sound easy right? Not so in my case, getting ahold of a family member isn't that straightforward nor it is easy.

So, how on earth am I supposed to cancel the remaining services? Sit here in silence and being beholden to BT for the rest of my life and being amazed that a company the size of BT could have such an incomptent and clueless Residential Services team?

Thanks for your time.

(Addendum - the BT Complaints service doesn't seem to have an option to complain about the Residential Services team. They should have one - quite extraordinary).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Frustrating experience with Residential Services.

Welcome to this user forum. @PeterV17 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Frustrating experience with Residential Services.

Hi @PeterV17 

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry you've had this experience when trying to cancel off the remaining services.

I've sent you a private message asking for some details we need to help.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings