Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Highlinder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Getting a new handset

I am looking this week to get new handsets for myself and partner. We are both on the BT sim only plans just now.

Both the sims we have just now are micro sims, but the new units that we are getting require nano sims, I take it when ordering the units as I will be taking a deal with BT again, that I can then get new sims in order to be able to use the new phones. But I also would like to keep both existing numbers we have just now.

Now I know there is no need for PAC codes, but just wondered on the time scale that the new sims would be activie on the numbers we have at the present time.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Getting a new handset

Hi @Highlinder

So in theory you just require sim replacements? Last time I ordered one from the day it was ordered to the day it arrived was just 3 working days. 

Just double check that your current sim can not be pushed out further to make a nano..

0 Ratings
Highlinder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Nope don't just need new sims, I am also ordering the units from BT.

0 Ratings
Highlinder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

As for the mico sim will not push out any further, as a the time when I got them, I was asked if I needed a normal to micro sim or a nano with the handset I have just now. So the normal to micro one was sent out.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

@Highlinder

It was just a thought about the push out to nano as sims now are multi use. 

Going from sim only to contract is fairly painless. Make sure that when placing the order they order sim replacements to fit. But  handsets are normally sent next day. The sims should arrive at the same time, for BT it is a simple sim swap swapping the sim number against the mobile and doesn’t take very long all. 

0 Ratings
Highlinder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I will just make sure all my ducks are in a row when I put the order in for the new units.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@Highlinder

It was just a thought about the push out to nano as sims now are multi use. 

Going from sim only to contract is fairly painless. Make sure that when placing the order they order sim replacements to fit. But  handsets are normally sent next day. The sims should arrive at the same time, for BT it is a simple sim swap...swapping the sim number against the mobile and doesn’t take very long all. 

0 Ratings