cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moose56
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Getting "As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey..." error when changing mob plan

Go to solution

Hi,

When I click "Change plan" on my mobile account page I get the following message:

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 17.47.54.png

We're sorry...

As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey as the landline number in your My BT account is different to your actual number. To update it, please take the following steps:

I have followed the instructions, but they appear to no longer match the website so I cannot complete them. I called BT support, but was told there was nothing they could do.

Has anyone on here had a similar issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

David.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Getting "As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey..." error when cha

Go to solution

Hi @moose56  sorry that you are getting this error message when trying to place an order online. It may be that an old number is stored if you have moved home with this account. We will be happy to ensure all is aligned correctly for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Getting "As a security precaution we've stopped your online journey..." error when cha

Go to solution

Hi @moose56 thanks for speaking with me this morning and I'm glad that this is now fixed after your number has been updated in your MyBT account.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings