Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gkmac74
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Gift Card Offer - MISLEADING

Hi

Anyone else been caught out by the misleading advert for a £60 Amazon Gift Card offer? 

I changed my current SIM card, BT one, today to take advantage of their £60 gift card offer, which you are directed to on this forum page infact!, and after completing the relevant document paperwork I noticed I hadn't received my gift card. On further inspection and investigation I discovered that it's only on offer to NEW SIM CARD ONLY CUSTOMERS. At NO stage was I told this when I completed the application on line.

when I tried to complain about this I was fobbed off and directed to three different departments.

i have since logged a complaint about it and have informed them that the advert is misleading and in a very provocative way too. Has anyone else been caught out by this ad? I'm thinking of going to BBC WATCHDOG with this complaint as it really very is misleading.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JeremyBray
Message 2 of 7

Re: Gift Card Offer - MISLEADING

Did you buy a second sim card or just continue the first one with the same number?

0 Ratings
Gkmac74
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Kept the same number. 

I followed the instructions as I went along but at NO time did the website inform me that either buying a new sim or keeping the old sim would stop me being rewarded with the gift card. The website offer is very misleading and can be seen at the top of the forum webpage.

0 Ratings
Gkmac74
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I have still not received any information or correspondence with BT yet on this matter, yet they are STILL advertising the deal, even on this website. It is misleading and a con. 

The gift card does not state, ANYWHERE, that It is for new customers ONLY. I have relooked at the site again and tried to fill it in as directed and there is nothing on the site that clearly indicates this offer is not available to excising BT customers.

Come on BT get a grip and respond please. Any MODs on here that can help? My email has been sent to WATCHDOG for their interest, especially as I see there are lots of customers on this forum waiting for gift cards for various reasons.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Gkmac74,

If you take a look at https://www.vouchers.bt.com/offer/mobileclaim under the Terms and Conditions section it does state that the offer is only available to New BT Mobile customers.

If you already had BT Mobile and have kept the same number but just change the Data plan, you would not be classed as a new BT Mobile customer.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Gkmac74
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi PaddyB

My argument is that until you go into the page, which you are not directed to during the completion of the forms, I was only directed to go there after I had completed them all and asked for assistance via the telephone. Once I tried to fill it out by giving my ref no: it said I wasn't eligible. At NO POINT in completing the forms on line, or by speaking to someone on the phone beforehand, was I told or notified that only NEW CUSTOMERS were eligible. 

That is why I am saying it is very misleading. Your website and adverts DONT highlight this. I only did the change for the gift card. I definitely feel cheated and conned. Thus the reason I have contacted BBC WATCHDOG to investigate this problem.

i believe I can still cancel the order within 14 days?

im even considering leaving BT altogether now as a result. I have TV, PHONE LINE, INTERNET AND MOBILE.

0 Ratings
Gkmac74
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi @PaddyB

As a result of this whole debacle, namely misleading information, I have cancelled my Sim and am now looking to cancel my whole account of TV/BROADBAND/MOBILE & LANDLINE. 

Not happy with customer service & advert.

0 Ratings