Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJR
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Gift card not received

Go to solution

I joined BT broadband at the start of the year as there was a £150 giftcard offered as sweetener. With this card included the price of the broadband was acceptable. Without it, it is way more expensive than competitors.

After many months, two complaints two phone calls and two promises that it would arrive in the next 3-5 days nothing has arrived.

I have been called twice to ask if the complaint can be closed, and I say no- not until the card has arrived. Nothing has arrived.

This is bad mis-marketing. Clearly the hope on the part of BT is that I will give up and they won't have to give me what I am due.

Anybody oput there have any furhter advice?

Thanks in advance,

LJR

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Gift card not received

Go to solution

Hi @LJR Sorry that you have still not received your Reward Card.

If you drop us over your details we will be happy to lend a hand and chase this for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

LJR
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I would like to thank the moderators, my gift card arrived today.

It has taken 8 months to claim, this money back scheme is clearly a promotion that BT will only fulfil if you pursue tenaciously, and those outside this forum deliberatly misinform you about its progress. 

The forum was far better than calling BT up and than the complaints procedure in place, the guys sorted me out within a week, after 8 months of misinformation.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

A basic problem with these voucher schemes is that they're operated by third-party outfits who aren't up to much. I had the same issue with a voucher promised by a building society for taking their out house insurance. The difference is that one phone call to the building society resulted in a voucher emailed to me the same day; unlike BT, they obviously don't have a helpdesk between the customer and someone who can put it right.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I'm really happy that I was able to help you @LJR Smiley Happy

Do you need my help with anything else at all or are you happy to close your complaint?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
LJR
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi DanielS, 

We can close it now, thanks for your action, you fulfilled where the weaknesses of the scheme let me down. 

I wish this issue was not so pervasive in BT's promotional strategy.

Cheers, LJR.

0 Ratings