cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davidlewer
Message 1 of 5

Got a phone in my hand which according to BT hasn't been dispatched.

Order phone for delivery Saturday 31st. Text Saturday 7am phone coming today. Didn't specify time. Checked messages. Email sorry not coming Saturday. Rang BT. text on landline not coming Saturday Told to ignore cancellation email, phone IS coming Saturday. Text specifying time. Phone and SIM arrive. Set up phone. SIM not registered. Go on BT website. Order still open, "awaiting dispatch". Odd. I have it here. All though Saturday no change.
Sunday AM ring BT explain. Told couriers DPD not send delivery note. Given DPD phone number to ask them to ring BT to confirm delivery. Spoke to DPD confirmed delivery but won't ring BT. BT are customer up to them to chase a delivery note, but assured delivery note WAS sent.
Rang BT. Told they can't ring DPD. They accept I have the phone and SIM, but can't close the order. But will get it closed.
Much later Sunday rang BT again. Told it will colose automatically after two days, so probably be Tuesday. Logged a complaint.
Web chat Tuesday told to wait another 24 hours. Asked if anyone was actually doing anything. Told it was top priority. 
(I'm smelling something that comes out of the back of a male bovine now)

So here I wait. Phone, SIM, can't activate SIM. Phone that's not a phone, just a pretty toy.
To be fair, all staff were helpful as they can be. The probblem is the system is automated and no one at the level I can get to speak to can manually over ride it. Clearly I have the phone and SIM (how else would I have the number?) but it can't be activated because something between the courier and BT didn't happen as it should've done. 
Ofcom allow them (BT) 8 weeks to sort it out before taking complaints further. Am I really going to have to wait 8 weeks? Or longer? Maybe it will just get sorted. But no one seems able to tell me with any confidence when it will work, or even what's being done to make it work, if anything.
Anyway, rant over, advice etc. very welcome.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
adewolves
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Got a phone in my hand which according to BT hasn't been dispatched.

Join the club Im in the same boat...I'd tear my hair out if I had any left.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @davidlewer,

Welcome to the community forum.

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you haven't been able to use your new phone. I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with that order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
davidlewer
Message 4 of 5

Done.

Thanks in anticipation of your help and speedy resolution! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Glad to see you're all sorted @adewolves.

@davidlewer I have your email and will look into this for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings